Friday, July 24, 2015

The Story

This whole thing happened in a pretty strange way.  I found a duplex that I really liked in a great neighborhood.  I planned on buying the duplex as an investment and with a whole lot of bumps and turns it seemed like it was finally going to happen.  Then the dreaded appraisal came, which always seems to stimey me every time,  It turns out that this perfectly to code duplex was never zoned to be a duplex (even though in all the tax records it was a duplex).

So it couldn't be purchase or legally used as a duplex.  After a temper tantrum and a few days to think about it I came back and said I still wanted to purchase the house and I will convert it to my new home.

And so the steps I took to renovate a duplex into a single family home will be written in this blog.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment